There is nothing better than entering a bathroom that is clean and tidy. Of course, it takes effort to make it possible, but considering the benefits you get from it, there is no reason why you should not make this a habit.
Some of the benefits of well-maintained sanitaryware are:
- Bathroom is one of the most favorite habitat of germs and if it is not properly cleaned and maintained, expect sanitary and health issues to arise.
- By proper maintenance, you can avoid foul odor of the bathroom.
- A clean bathroom is always pleasing to the eyes.
This article will discuss the areas where germs may hide and basic cleaning processes you can consider.
Areas where germs could be hiding
Be careful of these areas when cleaning your sanitaryware:
- Inside of the rim
- Fixing areas of the seat cover
- Gap between water closet and cistern, for coupled closet
- Under the toilet’s trap way
- Inner side of the toilet’s seat cover
- Back area and bottom area of the toilet bowl
Cleaning Process To Follow
The guidelines below can help you in maintaining your bathroom properly.
For Sanitaryware Made Of Ceramic
Here are the guidelines to follow when cleaning sanitaryware made of ceramic.
- Spread the bathroom cleaner around the rim
Additional Tip: Choosing the right commercial cleaner for ceramic is necessary to ensure that cleaning can be done properly.
- Leave it for fifteen minutes and let the cleaner kill all bacteria.
- Using a brush, clean all the areas where germs are potentially hiding.
- Once completed, rinse it thoroughly with clean water.
Toilet Seat Cover Cleaning
In cleaning seat covers, follow the steps below:
- Check the sanitaryware material before applying bathroom cleaner. Is the seat cover made of duroplast or plastic? How about the hinges? Is it stainless steel or plastic?
- Toilet cleaner may damage the surface of stainless hinges and seat covers made of duroplast, so use just soap water when cleaning them.
- Use a soft brush to clean all the areas and surfaces of the seat cover.
- Once scrubbing is finished, you can rinse it off with clean water.
Proper Cleaning For Cistern
A cistern is a part of a toilet that should also be cleaned thoroughly. To help you get started, below are the steps you can follow to clean cistern:
- Know the type of flush tank before applying toilet cleaners. Is the flush tank made of ceramic or plastic?
- Use toilet cleaner for ceramic cistern but be careful not to apply it on push buttons, as they are mostly made of chrome or chrome-plated.
- For plastic, soap water is best when cleaning the cistern and its push button.
- Apply the toilet cleaner or the soap water around the cistern.
- Using a soft scrubber, glide to every part of the cistern.
- Once finished, you can rinse the soap or the cleaner away using clean water.
We should practice regular sanitaryware and bathroom cleaning that will ensure your bathroom remains a clean germ free space. And the tips above can make the cleaning not only simpler but successful as well.